Friday, March 3, 2017

March 3- Five for Friday

This was such an exciting week for me! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to tell you all about it!

My kiddos participated in a wax museum this week! It was soooo much work... but SOOOO amazing.  I'm so proud of my kids!


As part of my school's STEM team, I was able to attend NC TIES today!  It's a great conference and it was so much fun!

Today sealed the deal on starting Maker Space in my classroom!  I went to a really great session about creating a Maker Space on a budget.  I am going to do some more research on Maker Space but I am thinking about doing it Friday afternoons.  I am flip-flopping back and forth on whether or not to make it an earned activity (because seriously?  Why can't they turn in papers?) and just making it open for everyone.  Thoughts?


At the beginning of the year, our admin challenged us to do a team building activity each month.  We haven't managed to do one every month, but we are a pretty close team.  We get along well and support each other.  

Tonight, we went to an Escape Room!  It was a haunted house and we had so much fun!  This is us before we went in!



Monday, I'll be presenting at a conference!  It's as part of the STEM team and we are talking about our experience at Space Camp this summer and sharing some activities.  I feel a little out of place, because this is actually a middle school conference and I teach 2nd grade!  I'm excited none the less.


Here is my MOST exciting news!  I started accepting sign-ups for my new newsletter!  I am passionate about helping other teachers find balance in their work/home life.  Click on the image below to sign up AND receive my exclusive 5 Ways to Find Balance as a Teacher.

Finding Balance


If you have any suggestions for starting a Maker Space, or if I should make students earn it, drop me a note in the comments!




6 comments:

  1. I love my maker space and my kiddos love it even more. Working there is a choice they have each day. It has a LOT of stuff in it, but they didn't get to use it all until I taught about each tool and supply, so although all the stuff was there, as an activity it kept growing over months. Have fun with yours! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at your conference! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can say with certainty that you really have a talent in writing such articles, I always with great pleasure read all your posts to learn how to write in this style. I had some problems with writings, that is why pretty often I had to pay for research paper. Thanks a lot for the help!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest