Friday, October 28, 2016

Five for Friday- The Winning Edition!

This has been The. Best. Week. Ever!  And I'm ready to share it all with you in my Five for Friday post.  So pull up a chair, and grab a beverage.  Don't forget to swing by Doodle Bugs Teaching to check out the other Five for Friday posts!





Win #1

This summer, I entered a contest on Melonheadz Illustrating.  I wrote about my kids, my school and my district.  AND I WON!

Last Friday, we received a box of goodies in the mail!  It was like Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Valentine's Day and every single kids birthday all at one time!  


Inside the box were little packets of masks, a pencil, a toy and a treat for each student.   AND there was a special bag for me with a bath bomb and some Melonheadz swag!  There was a super sweet note from Nikki that my kids have asked me to read everyday!

Along with the goodies, I won $50.00 worth of  illustrations.. picking that out was tough!  



Win #2

On Tuesday, I found out that I had received grant money from 2 grants I wrote!  My town has a grant we can apply for and I have written grants every year and never received it.  This year, I got TWO.

The first is for a science tools kit from Lakeshore Learning!

This is over $200.00 worth of tools that we can use to investigate all kinds of topics!


I also received grant money to get butterflies and ladybugs!  

Well, caterpillars and larvae...

I have always purchased a cup of caterpillars to observe grow into butterflies, but this year I wanted to do something additional as well.  I asked for, and won, money to buy a Ladybug Land school kit.



Win #4

We celebrated Red Ribbon Week by dressing up in different ways.  The week ends with a door decorating contest.  My class's door won 3rd place!



I took pictures of the kids sitting on a broom.  I cut them out and glued them to paper.  At the bottom, each student wrote "There's no room on my broom for drugs because... " and wrote their reason!


Win #5... sort of...

So, this isn't exactly a win... but I'll take it!  I rediscovered the Take 5 candy tonight at Walmart... 

Ummmm... perfection in a wrapper.  It's crunchy, chewy, salty, sweet, savory and nutty.

It's a pretzel with caramel, peanut butter and peanuts covered in milk chocolate.


Your turn!  Tell me how YOU won this week!






5 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you won so much this week! That Science Tool Kit looks AWESOME! And, that's very inspiring to see it! I've always wanted that kind of equipment in my school! I might have to look into some of my local grants and go for it!
    Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Crystal! I'm so excited for you! Talk about a lucky week! Of course, the hard work of entering the contests and writing the grants led to the luck. Good for you for pursuing these opportunities for your students. I know they appreciate having such a caring teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Theresa! It was hard work, but it is nice to be rewarded!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest