Saturday, October 8, 2016

Five for Friday- October 7

Whoop Whoop!  Another fun filled Friday night!

I work with a whole bunch of YOUNG people, and I love them dearly... really I do.  However, they go OUT on Fridays..  I'm barely awake!  I don't get it!

I am staying up late enough to hook up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five for Friday though!


One of my sweet students from last year made me these flowers this week!  She was so precious.  She carried them down the hall like she was in a wedding!


I was very fortunate to teach this child twice.  I taught her in Kindergarten and then she was placed in my second grade class.  We have such a special bond now!



A former colleague surprised us with a visit today! Only one person knew she was coming and everyone else was so surprised!  Y'all- I CRIED!  She always reminded me so much of myself and I've missed her terribly!



I was supposed to take my son camping this weekend with CubScouts... but there's a hurricane a-comin'- so the trip was canceled.  

One of the other scout moms sent me this picture!

I was looking forward to the trip, but I'm glad we postponed it!  I would rather get another Polar Bear Patch for camping in temperatures that drop below 32 degrees than fight AquaMan for a camping spot!



We are starting a new program next week.  Second Steps is a Social and Emotional Learning curriculum that I am really excited about.  It has 22 weeks worth of lessons that teach everything from respect to empathy to problem solving.  I plan on blogging about the journey, so make sure you follow me if you want to read about it.  I'm excited because I have never taught an actual social skills program but I'm beginning to think it should be required everywhere.


I'm WAY happy to announce that I have opened up a store on Boom Learning!  Boom Learning is a new digital learning site that allows you to assign decks of cards to students.  It is a paid site, but you can give your students different sign-ins and assign them desks of cards to work through.  After students work through the cards, you can access a report that will give you information about how they did on each assignment.

You can assign decks of cards to students.  When they finish them, they are awarded with badges, gems and coins.  

 

This is a screenshot of the report for a profile I set up under my son's name so I could practice using it and check out how my decks of cards turn out!

If you're interest, I would appreciate your help!

First, sign up with my referral code by clicking here!
Second, check out my free deck and give me all the suggestions you can!  You can find it here!


That was my week!  How was yours?  I would love to hear from you!


6 comments:

  1. Hey there! I enjoyed reading your post - the flowers from your student and visit from a special friend were very touching. Hope you're surviving the hurricane alright. Love the background of your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! design Infusions recently redid my blog and I LOVE it! We are getting mostly rain and some wind gusts so I think we will be ok!

      Delete
  2. Precious flower gift. Special students touch our hearts too.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boom Learning sounds interesting. What are the decks of cards like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The decks are slides. It's an online platform where teachers buy "decks" of cards and then can assign them to their students. Students work through the cards online. The teacher can then go through and find out how they did! It's been fun designing the cards!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest