Saturday, July 2, 2016

School's Out Blog Blowout!

I am so excited to be joining with some fellow bloggers for the School's Out Blog Blowout!  I don't know about you, but this was a loooooong year!  I usually spend the first week of summer in a comatose like state and then I'm ready to jump feet first into the fun!


I am delighted to have some time to relax by the pool with a book.  The first book on my list is actually one that I have read before, but I like to read it every so often.  It's called Choice Words by Peter H. Johnston.  It's a simple read, not very complicated and new stuff jumps out at me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!


I originally started rereading this book as part of a book club at school, but I never made it to any book club meetings because of other meetings or tutoring.  So I didn't do a good job keeping up then but I'm on it this summer!



Since I'm celebrating summer, I want YOU to celebrate too!  Grab this freebie from my store, but grab it fast because it will be gone soon.

I am giving you a free copy of my Hundred's Boards puzzles.  I used boards that go to 120, but you can always cut off the bottom 2 rows if that is too much for your students.  There are 7 puzzles in total and range from easy (large chunks to put together) to hard (smaller pieces to put together).  These puzzles are a great way to practice number sense.

To use these number puzzles, print them out, cut them apart and place them in a bag or envelope.  


Students take the puzzle and put it together.  Then, they record their work by filling out a hundreds chart and coloring it to match the puzzle.


You can click here to find this in my TPT store!  Move quickly though, it will be a paid item soon.



The first 2 items on my bucket list are related so I'll group them together because they are happening at the same time.

In a couple of weeks, I will be making a pilgrimage to Florida.  We went last year and had a blast (even though my car broke down!)  The original plan was to go to LegoLand, but after getting stranded we did Disney too!


 This year, I am finally heading to Universal Studios.  I have wanted to go to Universal since The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was revealed.  I'm a huge fan and can NOT wait to go to Ollivander's for my very own wand!

At the same time, I will be taking a couple days to attend the TpT Conference for the first time!  So while I'm improving my TpT skills- a friend of mine is going to have our children floating around Florida!


The third thing on my bucket list is a trip to the beach.  I leave on Monday to spend a few days with my toes in the sand!  Last summer, we stopped at Daytona on the way to Legoland.   That is one beautiful beach!
I love that my travel buddy is just as relaxed as me when it comes to travel.  We always have a very loose plan with lots of wiggle room.  Some of our best adventures- like the side trip to Daytona- happened on a whim!



The BIG bucket list item is math centers.  I know... odd bucket list item!  Since moving to 2nd grade 2 years ago, I have wanted to do math centers.  I have really struggled though because it was really overwhelming to get organized.

This summer, I am determined to get the first 2-3 months of math centers created, printed, laminated, cut and organized!  I almost have them first month created.  My goal is to have 16 centers ready for each month.  It's a good thing for you too though because you will be able to find it in my store!  Click here for the first month!

I just signed up for the HP Instant Ink program and I'm in love!  If you haven't signed up yet, you can use my referral code by clicking here.  The deal is, you sign up for a certain amount of copies a month and HP sends you ink before you run out.  My friend Kayla from K's Classroom Kreations shared a great tip.  She said to sign up for the $9.99 plan even if you won't use 300 copies.  You can use the code FREEINK to get the first month free and then downgrade to a cheaper plan.  You can roll over a certain amount of unused pages too!


The 5th item on my bucket list is epic!  For the past 2 years, I have worked hard as a member of my school's STEM club.  We have taken 2 graduate level math and science classes (omg) and had monthly meetings to learn how to best bring STEM activities to our kids.  In August, I AM GOING TO SPACE CAMP!!!

I am so excited I almost can't stand myself!  They even gave us Go Pro cameras to take with us!

Come back to my blog in August to see some things I learn.  You can also follow me on FB and Instagram to see pictures of my adventure while I'm there!


The last part of the blog hop is a giveaway.  Enter here to win $100.00 from TpT!







Click on the picture above to see Mrs. L!

10 comments:

  1. Glad you're coming to Orlando! I hope you'll come to the free social on Tuesday night hosted by the Florida bloggers (including me! :) )

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know! I'll write it down!

      Delete
  2. There's not a working link for your freebie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is, I just double checked it. It says "click here" and the word here is the link.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. It will be my first time going to the TPT conference too! I can't wait!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope to see you at the conference!
    Adele - Smart Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Choice Words. Thanks for joining the hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest