Friday, June 17, 2016

Five for Friday-- June 17, 2016- In the summer, I....

I am linking up today with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five For Friday linky party!  This has always been one of my favorite linkies so I'm excited to be starting my summer with this one!  Today, I'm going to be writing about how I spend my summer.  I can't wait to hear how you will be spending yours in the comments!

Everyone else on summer vacay already?  It has been so nice to relax and sleep in.  My mornings have been spent vegging in front of the TV and afternoons lounging by the pool!
Speaking of vegging in front of the TV... Have you seen Shadowhunters on FreeForm?  I read the books awhile ago and I'm really enjoying the binging I don't have time for during the school year!
One thing I like to do in the summer is participate in social media games and challenges.  I don't do many during the school year because I just don't have time.  Right now, there is a #teacherlifeabcs challenge.  It started awhile ago, but I just jumped in.  
You don't have to have a blog to do it, I have doing it on Instagram and Facebook. You can check my pics out by clicking on the social media platform of your choice!
All you have to do is add the #teacherlifeabcs hashtag to participate!
Another thing I do during the summer is travel!  I have 2 big trips coming up.
The first is a trip to Florida!  I'll be hitting the TpT conference (excuse me while I fangirl a moment!), maybe Disney and definitely Harry Potter I mean Universal Studios.  I am so excited to go to Ollivander's and get my wand.
Last summer, I went to Florida to take my son to Legoland.  It was definitely worth the trip, but it turned into an epic (and expensive) adventure when my car broke down.  The added bonus was that we ended up getting to do Disney because we were stuck in Orlando for 4 extra days.  We hashtagged our pictures with #thevacationthatneverends if you would like to see the pictures.
This year, we are hashtagging all the pictures with #thevacationthatgotrescheduled because we were actually supposed to go in June.  Search that hashtag in July to follow our adventure!
During the summer, I also like to network with other teachers around the globe.  Last night, I reached out to Kristen from Schroeder's Stars.  She shared with me that she has branched out into some graphic design with her new blog and store.  

She is working on something extra special for me and I can not wait to show it all to you! In the meantime, go check her out!  She is amazingly talented and so fun to work with! So that's where I am for summer- What are you doing with your summer?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about the challenge! I'm an Instagram newbie so that sounds perfect for me to get my feet wet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great time in Orlando!

      Delete
    2. Eeep! I did not mean to delete that comment!

      Delete
  3. You are going to love Harry Potter World! I went a few years ago, and I'm dying to go back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest