Friday, June 24, 2016

Five For Friday- Getting Healthy

This week has been all about taking my health back.  Last summer, I had lapband surgery in order to lose weight.  Over the year, I lost 60 pounds!  I'm certainly not where I want to be but I was thrilled with my progress.  Towards the end of the year however, stress took the reins and I stopped doing all the things I knew I needed to do.  This led to a small weight gain so I met with my nutritionist and I'm getting my butt back in gear.  Today's Five for Friday is a look at what I'm doing.
The first thing that is helping me get back in gear is drinking water.  I found a new cup at Walmart that holds 52 oz.  52 oz!  That's huge!  Super helpful too, since I should be drinking 100 ounces of water a day!



My fitbit is the next thing I'm using to take control.  Setting up challenges on fitbit is a huge motivation to get more movement.  Want to be fitbit buddies? Leave your email in the comments and send you a request!  (If you don't want to leave your email- send me one at PrimaryontheProwl@gmail.com)

One of the things I like about using a fitbit, is that so many apps can sync together. My water app and MyFitnessPal all sync together to keep all my information in one place.
MyFitnessPal is another app I'm using to help.  I can track what I eat by typing it into log.  It has a huge database of foods and I bar code scanner that will bring up the food after a quick scan.  


Looking at past pictures is also something that keeps me motivated.  Here I am shortly before the surgery.  This was taken in July, about a month before the surgery.


Here I was in April at a friend's wedding.



The fifth tool that is helping me get on track is setting goals.  Goals are not limited to pounds lost, but  for me, tend to be what is often referred to as a NSV or non-scale victory.  These can be anything from fitting into a certain size or accomplishing an exercise goal.  I have a big thing happening in August and I'm keeping that in mind.  I want to be as fit as possible when I go!

How are taking control of your health this summer?


5 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you as you work toward your goals! I am trying to drink more water, eat a more plant-based diet, and exercise in the morning before I lose motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I should try to exercise in the morning too- once it gets hot outside, I lose motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I should try to exercise in the morning too- once it gets hot outside, I lose motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have a great plan to meet your goals! It's way to hot in Arizona to exercise outside, so the perfect place to be is at the gym (yay free air conditioning!). I'm having fun taking different classes and let someone else be the teacher for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it! I'm thinking I might join a gym so I can exercise in the air conditioning too!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest