Saturday, March 12, 2016

Five for Fri-turday March 11, 2016

Yesterday was one of those epic days that never seem to end.  The kind that keeps you in bed the next day.  My plan was to curl up in bed, watch a movie and blog.  Instead, I curled up in bed and regained consciousness about an hour ago.  I'm still *in* bed, but trying to function like an adult, so I'm starting by linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and the Five for Friday!



We have been working on telling time in March.  This week, we made timelines of our day.  We started with long strips of bulletin board paper and divided it into 8 sections.  In each section, we glued a clock and a small square of paper.  Students drew hands on the clock to show what time it was.  Then they drew a picture and wrote a few sentences about what happened in our day at that time.  We have been talking about the use of dialog in text during reading and I was really excited to see lots of students add dialog in their images with speech bubbles.

I forgot to grab a picture, but I'll get one Monday and put it up!


While students were finishing their timelines, I called them back in small groups to make water cycle bags to hang up in the window.  First, students drew the sun, a rain cloud and the ocean on their bag with sharpie.

Then we filled them with water and hung them in the window.



Last night was PTA Movie Night at school.  See, I'm not just an employee where I work, I'm also the PTA President.  

Last night, we held a movie night.  I LOVE movie nights because they take such little work!

Basically, we set up the projector and sound system, order pizza and open the doors.  Last night we had about 80 people show up to see Inside Out.

We have had 2 movie nights this year and recapped our cost for a year long license in the first one.  According to the license, we can not charge for people to watch the movie, but we sell 2 slices of pizza and a drink for $5.00.

We got our license at Movie Licensing USA.




I have a teacher friend with whom I have a long running FB message that consists of solely sending funny images.  Here are a few of my favorites from this week!



I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Take care of yourself, and take care of each other!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest