Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Scoot: A How To!

Kids sitting around with droopy eyes, barely holding their head above desk?
Are you tired of hearing yourself talk?

Would you like to incorporate some movement into your lessons?


Look no further than SCOOT!


What's Scoot you say?  Allow me to explain!

Scoot is a game that can be played with any subject or standard.  You set up the game by choosing your topic or skill and making (or buying) task cards or problems to place at each seat.

Students start at their seat and answer the question, solve the problem or follow the direction at their seat.  On your signal, students stand and move to the next seat.  They look at the card at that seat and answer the question, solve the problem or follow the direction at their seat.  I like to use the commands "Start (followed by work time), Stop, Stand, SCOOT (students move to the right) Sit, Start!"  

It's so simple that any age group can do it!  My Kindergarten students loved to play!

A bonus is that kids are MOVING!  They can't sleep while hopping up and down and moving from seat to seat.  Scoot will help students harness their energy and make it work for them.



It isn't necessary, but I found that arrows helped my Kindergarten students remember which direction to move.  I created Scoot: A How To Guide last year when some of my youngest ones were having a hard time moving around the table.  It's free in my TpT store and you can find it here!

You can also find Scoot games in my TpT store.  I have a whole section just for these games and have several more in the works!

Each game comes with task cards

a recording sheet



and an answer key!


Happy Scooting!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest