Saturday, November 15, 2014

Working on Place Value

I really thought my class had mastered place value- until we started double digit addition!  It was obvious they had not learned the skill to mastery.  I had to do some back tracking and quick.  Since we are creeping running at warp speed to Christmas, I thought it would be fun to do a Christmas themed place value game.  A couple of hours into it, I started thinking about how much I hate having to put away games and activities my students have gotten really good at playing just because the holiday season is over.


KA POW!  I was hit with a bright idea!

I made this resource Christmas AND winter themed!

It is also in color and black and white!

There are two ways to use this center also.  You can have students build a number using the framed images.


Students can also use the premade number cards.  These cards come in 2, 3 and 4 digit numerals.  Students pick a card and use the place value cards to build the number.



And I'm giving ONE away!







a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest