Sunday, September 28, 2014

Using ShortStack for a Facebook Hop

Right now, I am super busy!  I'm teaching, TpTing AND I'm organizing my first every Facebook Hop!  It's so exciting but I'm so nervous that I'm going to mess things up!

I've been trying to get everything finished today so I would be available all week to answer questions so I've put together a tutorial for using ShortStack as a fan gate as I worked!

The first thing you need to do is have everything ready-

-Take the fan gate image and place the image of your freebie cover on it. I did it in powerpoint and saved it as an image.
-Upload your freebie so you have the link available.
-Pull up the FB page you are sending people to after they have downloaded your freebie.

Go to www.ShortStack.com and sign in or create a new account.  The images below will walk you through the steps of setting up a campaign!

This is what your screen will look like after selecting to start a campaign.
You will have to drag the image button to the 'edit widgets' column.







 

You can move the hotspot box around and resize it.  It is very similar to working with text boxes or images.




After you have saved, you are done editing.  All you have to do is install your campaign on your FB page.  You will have to connect your ShortStack account to your FB.  I did that so long ago that I don't have any images but I don't think it was very difficult.




Those steps will install a tab to your FB page that fans can click on to access your freebie.  However, please do not keep this up or have it up prior to the Hop dates.  I installed mine to check it out and make sure it works, but you have to uninstall it so it doesn't stay up.



The October Holiday Hop will be October 3-5.  It will feature lots of freebies and is the first of a series of 3 Holiday Hops.  There will be hops for Thanksgiving and Christmas as well!  Follow my blog or Facebook to be kept in the loop!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest