Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Mark Down! Listening and Speaking

Usually, I like to link up to Made It Monday during the summer, but I've been so busy that I haven't made anything in 2 weeks!!!!

In a couple of hours, I'll be heading over to High Point University to start the first day of class as part of a STEM club.  I'm super excited about it but already overwhelmed.  Before class started, we had to take a pre-test, work through an online module called Lost Function, then take a post-test.  This was some serious math.  I know I took algebra and calculus and whatnot in high school- 20 or so years ago.  The hardest math I've done lately is 'How many sides does a circle have!'  I have sank so many hours into relearning this math that I haven't had time to do anything- including blogging and creating.

Instead, I'm linking up with Kelly and Kim's Kindergarten Kreations for their Mark Down Monday!




I'm marking down my All About Me Speaking and Listening pack!

It comes with 5 posters to teach early listeners and speakers the basics such as-


The All About Me pack has 24 individual cards that give students something to talk about when practicing listening and speaking.  



All of the cards in this pack are sentence starters.

I used this activity at the beginning of the year last year during our All About Me unit.  Each day, the student of the day would go through some slides on the ActivBoard designed to share about themselves.  Then they would draw a card.  I would read the sentence starter.  They would repeat the sentence starter and finish the sentence.  Afterward, we would self-reflect (okay, so the beginning of Kindergarten- I would self reflect!)  using the posters as a guide.  After about a week, the student's were starting to participate in the self-reflection part.


Listening and Speaking has been a new addition to the curriculum with the implementation of the Common Core.  I've created a couple of Listening and Speaking activities because I couldn't find anything I really liked!  Click on the picture below to see them!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest