Friday, January 31, 2014

Five for Friday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five for Friday linky party!  This was one of my first linky parties that I participated in and I find that it's one of the most fun for me.


I'm kinda shocked that it's Friday already (not complaining) but we were hardly at school this week.  We had school Monday, an early dismissal on Tuesday due to impending weather, Snow Days Wednesday and Thursday and a 2 hour delay Friday.  

It's finally PAYDAY!  I'm not sure how other state's pay their employee's, but here in NC we get paid once a month.  And our money has to be accessible to us by that payday which is the last day of school for the month.  So our December paycheck comes on the day we get out of school for winter break.  Six weeks is a very long time to go without a paycheck!

Also, for the first time since I started working at my school (11 years ago) we got money for high growth!  My bank has NEVER seen this much money in it!!!!


This summer, I made the cutest little monkeys to hang student work up in the hallway with.  I'm officially over them.  We spend more time gluing the things back together than anything else.  Maybe it's because I'm at the beginning of the hallway and people walk past my room all day, but they are constantly on the floor as well.  And it's so sad, because they are so cute.  



Apparently, crocheting and knitting are making a comeback because it's been all over my Facebook! Friends from all different areas of life are posting about getting back into it.  So last night I HAD (I have very little impulse control) to run to Wal-Mart so I could get back into it as well.  I started a scarf for my son because I thought something small would be a great beginning project.  





Valentine's Day is just around the corner!  I have several Valentine's Day products in my TpT store, but I also have another set of clip art that I bought and haven't made anything with.  While you are checking out my Valentine's Day products here, think about what skill or skills you are working on that would make a great Valentine's Day activity.  If I use your idea, I will send you a free copy of the finished product!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest