Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday- GNO Edition

As a single mom and a Kindergarten teacher, I don't get a lot of 'grown-up' conversation, so one of my fav-or-ite things is a GNO (Girl's Night Out for any gentlemen reading).  They replenish my soul and allow me to laugh, connect and feel like an adult.  I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for

1.  GNO was Wednesday.  We usually do our group outings on Thursday's but since it is summer and we are all teachers...it didn't really matter!

2.  The first thing we did was eat at the this super-awesomely-fabulous restaurant called Southern Roots.  It's in Jamestown, NC and I recommend it to anyone.  They have live music 3-4 nights a week.  I got my favorite sandwich, The Billy Bob.  I forgot to take a picture but it is gouda pimento cheese, fried green tomatoes and applewood smoked bacon on grilled sourdough bread. Be still my beating heart.  It's not the prettiest thing... but YUM!

3.  Next we went to Wine & Design that is right next door.  Y'all... you get to drink AND paint!  It was so much fun.  When you go in, they have everything all set up.  There is an artist/teacher who gives you step by step directions.  

4.  We went back to Southern Roots for dessert.  They have the yummiest desserts.. I wish I had taken pictures!

5.  My new laptop came Tuesday!!!!  Ok this isn't GNO news.... but I'm super excited about it.  

So there it is... I would love to hear about your last GNO (or whatever it is men do... )



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest