Sunday, March 17, 2013

Perfect Spring Saturday

Yesterday, I had all these plans for what I was going to get done.  Laundry, clean the floors, finish my Spring Math Pack for Tpt.... and none of it happened.  It was such a beautiful day (and my son had spent the night with his dad) that I found myself taking a 'me' day.  First I drank coffee and read.  I finished reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer (of Twilight fame).  It was such a good book.  A lot of people have said the first hundred pages or so were hard to get through but I didn't think they were.  However, if you find the beginning difficult, keep going, it is SO worth it!  It was such a good book that I read it in about a week.

Then I got a pedicure!  Pedicures are one of my most favorite things in the world.  Before I was a single mom on a frozen pay scale they were a regular indulgence.  Now, they are a special treat and the first thing I head for when I find myself kid free with a little extra cash.  (Thanks TpT!)

Usually I know exactly what color I want on my toes, but yesterday I felt a little overwhelmed with the selection.  I wanted some springy but not glaringly bright.  I went with this color:

I loved it in the bottle, but I'm not sure I'll pick it again.  Maybe should I have gotten a flower or something on it...

Then I came home and I can't exactly tell you what I did, it was just a nice, relaxing day with the windows open to let the fresh air in.


This morning, I woke up and got to work.  Life was back to normal.  My son was home, the skies were overcast and the work needed done.

I finished my Spring Math Pack (yay!).  I also put everything in my store on sale for St. Patrick's Day.  I linked up with Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade for the sale.  Go check it out!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest