Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Funnies!

Whenever you are around children, funny things happen, because they are funny little creatures.  On Friday, I like to play a little game I call "Friday Funnies".

Earlier this week, I made something we needed for math- while the kids were singing their 'get ready for math' songs.  It was a strip of papers that had boxes on it, and I wrote the letters of the name 'Chrysanthemum' in each box.  Very simple.  Two minutes later, the songs ended and I couldn't find the strip of paper.  Ya' know... the one I just made?  Gone.  Nowhere.  I looked everywhere.  Finally, I gave up and said, "I don't know where I put it.  I'll make a new one."  The wonderful and fabulous TA that works with me said "Is anyone surprised?"  Her question was met with blank stares- just imagine the crickets chirping in the night.  Finally, one brave soul said, "Nope, not really!"  Among the giggles, my sweet babies began chiming in "me either", "not me" etc, etc, etc.And to think I had them fooled!

Clipart from openclipart.org
Here's one I forgot to share last week.  I was doing some phonemic awareness assessments last week, and got to the part where students have to identify the beginning sound of a word.  The example went something like this: Listen to this word.  Duck.  What sound do you hear at the beginning of the word duck?  The sweet baby I was assessing looked at for a minute and finally he said.... "Quack, quack?"  I've been teaching for a long time and I have a pretty good ability to keep a straight face- but that one was really, really, REALLY hard!

Tell me your stories!  I want to know I'm not the only one who has these moments!




2 comments:

  1. Oh my...this post had me laughing! Isn't it hilarious that in the first nine weeks of school the kids have gotten to know us (and our shortcomings) about as well as we have gotten to know them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are exactly right Sherry! Isn't amazing how quickly we've come together? We hardly ever whine about missing last years class anymore... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest