Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Funnies! I couldn't make it up if I tried...

Morning 1:  Read Aloud with the stuffed animals!
It has been a very entertaining week in my little space of Kindergarten.  To say that these little people keep me on my toes is an understatement!

I introduced my class to The Elf on the Shelf this week.  I read the story and we went over all the rules about not touching him and whatnot.  In an effort to include everyone in the naming process, we split into small groups and each group decided on a name.  The names chosen were Christopher and Jamie.  The next morning, we were going to vote on which name was best- Christopher Jamie or Jamie Christopher.  That evening, I designed the voting flipchart and got everything ready.

Morning 2: Hard at work at his own desk!
The following morning, kids were eating breakfast, reading books, looking for and talking about our as yet unnamed elf when one of the students suggested a rather odd name.  Surprisingly, the rest of the class LOVED it.  With their permission, I added this peculiar name to the voting chart.  Strangely enough, when it came time to vote, it was no contest- the quaint little name had won!

It is with this story in mind, that I introduce to you our classroom elf-  Hot Cheese!


Yes, I said it.  Hot.  Cheese.  The elf's name is Hot Cheese.  Bizarre isn't even the right word. Hot.... Cheese.
The voting chart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest