Saturday, November 17, 2012

Friday Funnies.... a day late!

Teaching Kindergarten gives me the opportunity to say a lot of things out loud that I wouldn't normally say.  One of my favorite things about working with 5 year olds is that they are SO matter of fact.  NOTHING is off limits with them.  They are not yet aware of social niceties and don't bother with tact.

Earlier this week we noticed a little brown smudge on the bathroom wall.  We didn't think much of it because it didn't stink up the bathroom.  We probably should have a paid a little more attention because a couple of days later, we had big massive smears all over the urinal.  And it STUNK.  We talked to all the kids who had been in the bathroom and as suspected, 'NOT ME' had snuck into the room and caused the chaos.  It really looked like someone had been trying to write the alphabet in poop.

That afternoon, we had to have a 'family meeting' to discuss the issue.  To their credit, I was not answered with a galore of giggles.  They were very mature as we discussed why you shouldn't touch poop, why it goes into the toilet, the fact that everybody poops and it's nothing to be embarrassed about, and if you do have some type of accident to come and get one of the teachers.  We did erupt into giggles at one point, but it was my fault.  I mean really, how many times can YOU say poop without laughing?

At the end of the meeting I asked if someone could summarize what we had talked about.  One particularly astute boy raised his hand and said 'Don't touch poop.'  Ahhh, I love my job!

2 comments:

  1. I loved every minute of the Poop discussion! Especially when you asked the kids if they knew what was actually in poop...and they all just looked at each other in bewilderment as if they had never thought about that. Maybe the rest of our year will be poop-free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I hope so Sherry, I hope so. And hey, maybe they learned something from the discussion! I was kind of shocked at how little giggling there was through the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Home About Me Freebies Copyright Information TpT Image Map Instagram Facebook Pinterest